Saturday, February 13, 2010

thrift store finds

The Kingston NY Salvation Army always smells like my grandpa's house.  Interpret that how you will.  

Here are some recent additions to my goofy VHS collection:
That's Dino Riders, Mystery Mr. Ra, and Zatoichi the Outlaw.

Dino Riders is about Dinosaurs with lazer guns strapped to their heads.  If anyone has a problem with that I will fight them right now.

Mystery Mr. Ra is a Sun Ra documentary, which it turns out is in French.  How a French Sun Ra documentary wound up in Kingston, NY is beyond me.

I haven't watched the Zatoichi movie yet, but as soon as I buy some drugs and make some friends I'm all about it. 

Also picked up this MFSB record:

Instrumental tracks from the backing musicians for a lot of old Philly soul shit.  It's aight.  Kinda corny.  I blame the saxophone.  I did find a Jay-Z Black Album sample on it though so that's pretty cool I guess.

Finally, always with a keen eye for cutting edge style, Michaud-Me the Money picked up this ill Poopfest '09 shirt:













It says "PARTY" on the back.

3 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of old dino rider toys and mini-comics. Nothing like a side-saddle triceratops

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's at least one amazing sample on that tape

    ReplyDelete