Friday, February 5, 2010

Police at 4:45AM



I woke up to my doorbell-phone ringing. I couldn't stumble around in bed quick enough to answer it. I heard pounding at the door. I rose confused, and saw it was still only 445 in the morning. I went to look at the front door and a pair of flashlights shone through a nearby window. The bell/phone rang again. The conversation went essentially like this:

"um, hello"
"open the door. this is the los angeles police department."
"um, excuse me?"
"open the door."
"what are you doing here."
"we're responding to a call made from this address."
"I didn't make any call."
"from an alarm company."
"the alarm didn't go off. It wasn't even on."
"I've identified myself as a member of the police department, now open the door."

Using my better judgement, I decided not to open the door. The knocking and flashlights continued and so I called 911. They told me that it was the cops. I went outside, turns out it was the cops. They were responding to a call that no one ever made. It was super creepy. I then laid awake in bed until it was light out, half-nervous that someone had snuck in through the window and was waiting to stick me in my sleep.

Stories. I has them.

No comments:

Post a Comment